I am Ida Midfjäll from Sweden (@bikerida_). I have been riding about 1250km in 5 days in breathtakingly beautiful Lofoten. I started and ended my trip at the dealer, Harley-Davidson Nord-Norge. There were several different models of rental bikes to choose from and I chose to ride a gorgeous Street Bob.
My top 5 points of interest on the road:
- Midnattssol Veien
- Road to Uttakleiv
- Viking museum in Borg
- Watch the midnight sun
My top 5 highlights:
- When Midnattsol Veien goes out in the water and you are surrounded by big mountains and
- Having lunch by the harbour in Svolvær.
- Ride to Uttakleiv and take a bath in the crystal clear water.
- The excellent view from the bridge in Moskenes.
- Breath in the atmosphere of being here! Fresh crispy air, mountains, ocean, bridges, tunnels, houses in a beautiful mix.
At least once in a lifetime you have to see Lofoten with your own eyes!
Riding a Harley and exploring the small roads between the ocean, high mountains, tunnels and bridges is magical, a balm for the soul! And add that there is daylight 24/7 up here in the summer. The midnight sun is a special thing to experience. I did not know if i should laugh or cry during this trip because it was a new amazing view wherever I turned my head. It was overwhelmingly beautiful, I had to pinch myself to understand that this is real! Riding on these roads and experience the atmosphere feels like such a blessing. I wish everyone will have the opportunity to come here one day. A stunning destination that makes you feel like you’re riding in a new postcard every turn you make.