My name is Gideon Schipaanboord (45), I am from the Netherlands and I went on this bucket list trip in September 2021. I rode for 4 days between Bergen and Trondheim, and it was approximately 1000 km.
My top 5 points of interest on the road:
- Old town of Bergen
- Jotunheimen National Parc
- Atlantic Ocean Road
My top 5 highlights:
- Take the Bjorgavegen (snow road) from Flam to Laerdaelsori
- Take a coffee in the Jotunheimen National park near Lom
- Enjoy the views on Geiranger from Dallsnibba
- Go summer skiing and stay the night in Hjelledalen.
- Take the 15 (oldest road) from Lom to Hjelledalen
“I love to travel and the contrast of going to these harsh remote environments and exploring that, I am sure that it doesn’t get any better than this. It truly is beautiful and epic and mystical. The surreal landscapes from the Nordics really drew me in. It feels like riding on the moon or something like that. It’s real raw and just getting to see this side of God’s creation is super rad. Every corner is a post card.”
My best memory is still the routes that were not the most well-known or cleared out very well. The snow road, the road through the National Parc and the oldest road. Can I please go back?